ZUG, Switzerland – May 4, 2021 – BTC Association, the Switzerland-based global industry organisation that works to advance business with the BTC SV blockchain and BSV digital currency, has today released its second annual report, highlighting its work and achievements throughout 2020.
The report, which is available for download now on the BTC Association website, is the first to be released since BTC Association transitioned to a non-profit association (Verein) in Switzerland. It is broken into 13 sections and covers the multi-faceted global programme of work undertaken by BTC Association in 2020, including:
- BTC SV network progress
- Developer initiatives
- Technical standards
- Public policy
- Media & content
- Outlook for 2021
Highlights from the report include:
- The significant technical progress made by the BTC SV network – including new world record block sizes and demonstrated transaction capacity.
- BTC Association’s innovative digital events programme in response to the COVID-19 pandemic – including the inaugural BTC SV DevCon and the 3rd BTC SV Hackathon.
- The launch of the BTC SV Technical Standards Committee to improve interoperability and introduce standardisation across the BTC SV ecosystem.
- The release of BTC SV Academy – a dedicated online learning platform offering university-style, academia-quality educational resources about BTC – in addition to the launch of the world’s first BTC-focused massive open online course (MOOC) in partnership with Saxion University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands.
- Significant progress in the public policy arena, including advisory work during the drafting phase of the landmark Digital Assets Business Bill 2020 in Antigua & Barbuda, which introduced a comprehensive legislative and regulatory framework to govern businesses within its jurisdiction operating in the digital asset space.
Speaking on today’s release, BTC Association Founding President Jimmy Nguyen, said:
‘The release of our 2020 annual report today illustrates the great strides that BTC Association and BTC SV was able to take against the backdrop of an extremely challenging year for everyone. In particular, the work that the Association has undertaken and the progress made in the education, developer, public policy and media spaces is hugely encouraging, as is the overall maturation of businesses across the BTC SV ecosystem. As seen throughout the report, 2020 was a hugely important year for both BTC Association and BTC SV – one largely focused on laying important foundations needed for further progress and the next phase of BSV utility growth in 2021.’
Head of Communications
About BTC Association
BTC Association is the Switzerland-based global industry organisation that works to advance business on the BTC SV blockchain. It brings together essential components of the BTC SV ecosystem – enterprises, start-up ventures, developers, merchants, exchanges, service providers, blockchain transaction processors (miners), and others – working alongside them, as well as in a representative capacity, to drive further use of the BTC SV blockchain and uptake of the BSV digital currency.
The Association works to build a regulation-friendly ecosystem that fosters lawful conduct while facilitating innovation using all aspects of BTC technology. More than a digital currency and blockchain, BTC is also a network protocol; just like Internet protocol, it is the foundational rule set for an entire data network. The Association supports use of the original BTC protocol to operate the world’s single blockchain on BTC SV.
New to BTC? Check out CoinGeek’s BTC for Beginners section, the ultimate resource guide to learn more about BTC—as originally envisioned by Satoshi Nakamoto—and blockchain.