Your Roku media streaming device is about to get a worthy addition. We’re talking about Paramount Plus, an all-new streaming service featuring movies, TV shows, documentaries, sports content, and Paramount+ originals. So, let’s teach you how to get Paramount Plus on Roku and unlock this treasure trove of content.
What Roku Devices Are Compatible With Paramount Plus & Which Are Not?
Here’s the full list of Roku devices supported by Paramount Plus:
- Roku 2,* 3 and 4
- Roku Ultra and Ultra LT
- Roku LT*
- Roku HD*
- Roku Streaming Stick (3500x, 3600X or later)
- Roku Ultra
- Roku Premiere and Premiere+
- Roku Express and Express+
- Roku TV
- 4k Roku TV
Here’s the full list of Roku devices that don’t support Paramount Plus:
- Roku LT (2400X, 2450X)
- Roku HD (2500X)
- Roku 2 HD (3000X)
- Roku 2 XD (3050X)
- Roku 2 XS (3100X)
- Roku Streaming Stick (3400X and 3420X)
How to Get Paramount Plus on Roku (9 Steps)
You’ll be happy to know that Paramount+ comes as a standalone Roku channel, making the installation quite simple. Here’s what you need to do.
- First, go ahead and sign-up for Paramount Plus.
- Now, turn to your Roku media streaming device.
- Using Roku’s remote, navigate to your device’s Home Screen.
- Select ‘Streaming Channels,’ on the left-hand side.
- Once you select ‘Search Channels,’ use the virtual keyboard to type in ‘Paramount Plus.’
- Select Paramount+ among the search results to open the channel’s overview.
- Now, use the ‘Add Channel‘ button (at the top) to install Paramount Plus.
- Once done, go ahead and open the newly installed Roku channel.
- Use your Paramount+ credentials to sign-in and access the channel. That’s it!
If you use Roku’s mobile app, there’s an even faster way to add Paramount Plus to your Roku streamer. Just click on the ‘Channels’ tab, followed by ‘Channel Store.’ Navigate to the ‘Movies & TV’ category, and add Paramount+ from there (by clicking on ‘Add Channel’).
What Other Devices Does Paramount Plus Support?
Is Paramount Plus Available on Roku TVs as Well?
Yes, Paramount Plus is available on Roku TVs as well. To install and then watch Paramount+, visit your Roku TV’s ‘Channel Store,’ as explained in this article. There are very few differences between Roku standalone devices and Roku TVs in terms of their interface.
Can I Stream Paramount+ in 4K on Roku?
Yes, Paramount+ is poised to bring 4K and Dolby Vision HDR content. However, we don’t know whether that library is going to be bigger than what CBS All Access (the streaming service that will be replaced by Paramount+) currently offers.
If I Have CBS All Access, Will I Get Paramount+ Automatically?
If you already have a CBS All Access account, you will transition to Paramount+ without having to do anything. Also, the ‘CBS All Access’ channel will no longer be available on Roku and should be replaced by the Paramount+ standalone channel.
Is There a Way to Get Paramount+ for Free on Roku?
Paramount Plus is priced at $9.99 per month (there will be a $4.99/month ad-supported plan available starting June). If you have a cable subscription, you’ll get to watch CBS live for free by logging into Paramount Plus. However, the rest of the streaming service is behind a paywall.
That would be all on how to get Paramount Plus on Roku. Easy, right? Let us know what you think about this streaming service via the comments section below. And, happy streaming!