Much like it happens with any streaming service, parents are concerned about the content their kids get to watch, so parental controls are essential. Let’s see how we can set up parental controls on Paramount Plus.
Paramount Plus is replacing CBS All Access on March 4th and will come prepared for all concerned parents. The service will feature a code-based Parental Controls section that you can fiddle with.
Steps to Set Parental Controls on Paramount Plus
- Log into your Paramount Plus account and go to the Account area.
- Go to the Parental Controls section, which you will find scrolling down. The feature is OFF by default, so you’ll need to turn it on.
- Click the button to toggle the control ON and fill in your Paramount Plus password to continue.
- Once that’s done, create a 4-digit PIN. This PIN will be required to watch any restricted content during playback, as well as for downloads, so make sure it’s something your kids don’t know and won’t guess.
- Next, you get to decide which content ratings are locked for kids. The blue icons and lines next to a rating indicate that the rating is locked. Grey indicates the rating is unlocked.
- Tap “Save” once you’ve made your choice.
From now on, when you want to watch shows with a locked rating, you’ll need the PIN.
Which Devices Are Supported for Parental Controls?
As soon as you set up your parental controls, the content will get restricted across all devices connected to your Paramount Plus account.
The list includes the following:
- Desktop & mobile web
- iOS phone & tablet
- Apple TV 4th generation (tvOS) & 5th generation (4K)
- Android TV
- Fire TV
The Parental Controls can only be toggled on and off from your desktop and mobile web platforms. This feature is not available via mobile and smart TV apps.
The Parental Controls are essential on Paramount Plus, especially since the service is not adults-only, featuring a ton of content from Nickelodeon.