- download the Coinomi wallet (I recommend for beginners) and add Ethereum or choose different coin here if you want to mine some another or want to try Dual mining
- download Claymore miner here
- Unzip the archive anywhere on your computer. In the folder containing EthDcrMiner64.exe you should create a .bat file. You can do this in any text editor (such as Notepad). When you save a file, it is important to select “All Files” as the file type, not “txt”. Otherwise you will have a .bat.txt file at the end of the file name and miner will not be able to open the file. The bat file (say it is test.bat) should contain the following text
- exaple for Ethermine pool
setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0 setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100 setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1 setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100 EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -eworker Your_rig_name -ewal Your_wallet_address -epsw x
- YOUR WALLET ADDRESS – enter your Ethereum wallet address (as Claymore Miner knows where to put the ether) YOUR RIG NAME – you can choose any name, up to 32 characters, only letters and numbers (no special characters like $% »*; @).
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -eworker John1 -ewal 0x7cB57B5A97eAbe94205C07890BE4c1aD31E486A8 -epsw x
- Double click on your Bat file to start the miner. Miner starts, runs setx commands to set up, initializes each of your GPUs, builds a DAG file on each of your GPUs, and starts hashing. Let it run for about 20 seconds and then click “s” to see your hash rate. If you followed the steps above, you should see this screen
That’s it 🙂
Here are some pools with lists of coins, where you can try to mine something another. Good luck.